We find that many aren’t exactly sure what “Orthopedics” means. The standard definition* of an orthopedic surgeon is a physician devoted to the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries and disorders of the spine and joints. From sports injuries to accidents to disease processes like arthritis in the hands, hips, and knees—orthopedics covers the entire musculoskeletal system of tendons, nerves, muscles, ligaments, joints, bones, and the back and spine.
What exactly does Orthopaedic Specialists of the Four States (Ortho Four States) mean for the Joplin area?
With a compassionate patient-first approach to world-class orthopedic care, we proudly provide the region with the largest and most comprehensive neck-to-toe orthopedic, spine, sports medicine, physical therapy, aquatic rehabilitation, and interventional pain management care group and facility.
ON A MISSION TO RESTORE PATIENTS’ QUALITY OF LIFE
Unlike the hospital system, Ortho Four States was founded and is operated by fellowship-trained and board-certified orthopedic, spine, and sports medicine doctors and surgeons on a mission to restore patients’ quality of life. From medical treatments and physical therapy, to non-surgical and minimally invasive procedures, to the most challenging musculoskeletal surgeries, our doctors, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, athletic trainers and entire staff work together to provide patients and their families with individually created care plans targeted at correcting and eliminating pain and suffering.
We deliver the caliber of care expected from the nation’s top facilities and serve those needing neck-to-toe treatment:
- Sports Medicine
- Athletic Training
- Physical Therapy and Aquatic Rehabilitation
- Joint Replacement and Revision
- Falling Risk Assessment
- Bone Health Clinic
- Orthopedic Related Medical Conditions
- Interventional Pain Management
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections
- Disease Processes
Our comprehensive easy-access state-of-the-art medical campus offers the latest equipment and technology, designed to deliver treatment in one comfortable and convenient location.
- Full-Service Orthopedic Clinic and Physicians’ Offices
- MRI and Imaging Center (Two MRIs: Largest Supine and only Upright Weight-Bearing MRI serving Joplin/Region)
- Nationally Recognized Physical Therapy and Aquatic Rehabilitation (two HydroWorx pools)
- Durable Medical Equipment (braces and wraps)
- Stateline Surgery Center (outpatient surgery)
- Premier Surgical Institute Hospital (inpatient and outpatient) and the Red Onion restaurant and cafeteria.
CALL US. WE MAKE IT EASY. NO REFERRALS NECESSARY.
- Timely appointments, some available on the same day, so it’s easy to get the care you need when you need it.
- Assistance with navigating the complexities of the healthcare system.
- Accepting most insurance including Blue Cross Blue Shield, Medicare, and many Freeman and Mercy directed plans.
417.206.7846 Joplin, MO | 620.783.4441 Kansas | 877.783.4441 | 877.783.4441 Arkansas, Oklahoma, Toll Free.